Rhode Island Hospital
Nearly 2,000 physicians are ready to help you with expert diagnostic and treatment services.
- About Rhode Island Hospital
- For Patients & Visitors
- Our Centers & Services
- Our Locations
- Contact Us
- Giving to Rhode Island Hospital
- Foundation Boards
- Development Team
- President's Pursuit of Excellence
- The 1863 Society
- Planned Giving
- Donating Securities
- Profile in Giving: The Selyas
- Fundraising News
- Grant News
- Donor Publications
- John Peterson Memorial Fund for Adult Psychiatry
Charitable Lead Trust
For more information about planned giving, please contact John Garcia at 401-606-4615 or email John.Garcia@lifespan.org.
Did you know that now is the perfect time to create a charitable lead trust? Historically low IRS discount rates provide a wonderful opportunity to make a gift to Rhode Island Hospital Foundation and transfer assets to your heirs—with significantly reduced tax consequences.
This gift option is the opposite of a charitable remainder trust. A donor places assets in a trust to generate annual income for Rhode Island Hospital Foundation, usually for a fixed number of years. When the term of years ends, the trust terminates and the assets pass to the donor’s heirs.
Features of a Charitable Lead Trust
A charitable lead trust:
- Provides initial annual support for Rhode Island Hospital Foundation
- Allows you to transfer assets to your heirs with sharply reduced gift or estate taxes
- Can be established either during your lifetime or through your will